Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Kinley's First Day at Preschool

Kinley has started preschool at High Hopes this Fall. Ever since Madison started to school she has been preparing, getting out a lunch box and back pack, asking questions about her teacher, and conjuring up plans with her bestest friend, Abbie.
I was really a little sad to see her go. I have really enjoyed our special time together while Madison is at school. She is such a joy.
Two days before school started, we had a meet the teacher day at the school. We had to make a special request that she was in the same class as cousin Abbie. Here are the two of them waiting to meet Mrs. Josie.

On the morning of her first day, we read the book The Kissing Hand. I drew Kinley a picture of my hand and put a little heart in the middle saying Mommy loves you, I slipped the note into her lunch box.
As we were dropping her off, she tells me that she no longer wants to go to school but stay at home with me. She informed Rob and I that she was never going to get married but live with us forever. She told us that she likes taking care of us. Here is a picture of Rob and our forever committed roommate outside her classroom:
She survived her first day. She told me that she only had to put her hand to her cheek twice to remember me when she felt homesick. When she came home she hung my lunchbox note in her room, telling me it was her most precious treasure. Poor thing is just as sentimental and tender hearted as her mother! At least we know we will be taken care of when we are old!

1 comment:

twarpula said...

Kinley is just so precious! I love the little things she says! We'll see about her living with you forever! Ha! Rob is going to be beating the boys away from your house with those girls living there. LOL!