Monday, September 15, 2008

My birthday



My birthday is on September 11th. Yes on 9-11. When someone official asks for my date of birth, they give me a shake of the head telling me how sorry that are for my unfortunate circumstance. It is really not that bad. However, since 2001 it is hard to have a "happy" birthday because if all of the horrible memories of the day that forever changed all of us. This year I was determined to enjoy my birthday. I continued to meditate on the scripture:"This is the day, the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it."
So, this year I celebrated #33 in style. The night before my birthday, Madison told Rob that she wanted to make me a carrot cake, get me a new dress and lots of jewelry! I am not much of a jewelry/dress person but I do love my carrot cake. Rob worried all day about how to make a carrot cake. The Lord provided through Mimi who just happen to have too many carrots and decided to try baking a carrot cake for the first time. She brought the cake over without even knowing Rob's dilemma.

Rob and the girls made me a homemade pizza and sang me "Happy Birthday". Here I am in the "party hat" they made me wear.
Yes, it is a wedding veil! What better way to spend my day, then with my four favorite people!

A few days later, I got to really celebrate when my sweet dear mother-in-law kept the kids while I spent four glorious hours at the day spa. Rob met me with flowers and took me to the Cool River restaurant where we splurged on the best dinner I have had in a while!

So this year, I refused to let satan rob the joy of my birthday. Many thanks to my wonderful family, for this September 11th was a day to treasure all year long.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kristi! You are as beautiful as ever! And what a sweet mommy to wear the hat they picked out for you! :) miss you much!