Monday, July 21, 2008

Hooked on Fishing

We have a new little pond in our subdivision that just opened up. It is stocked with catfish, perch, and bass. I have been dying to take the kids fishing! Woody joined us after stopping at Academy to buy the girls each their own fishing pole. He chose a purple and pink Barbie one for Maddie and for Kinley, a red and purple Dora pole. They love them. He even got them their own Barbie tackle box. I'll admit, I am a little jealous!
We picked up some night crawlers and were on our way. We were there for maybe five minutes and Madison caught a little catfish. She caught three in a row. We decided she had found the hot spot. Kinley caught two little bluegill and Maddie caught two more. They had a blast. Cade clapped his hands at each catch but really wanted to get in the water. He was so cute. As we let them go each time, he would start signing fish.
By the end of the evening, they were quite the little fishermen. Madison can cast her line almost as far as me. She even helped take the fish off of the hook. However, the best part of the evening took place after I put away my camera. Maddie slipped in the mud. As she was cleaning herself off, she fell into the water. Guess who quickly joined her? You got it! Kinley! Then I got all muddy getting them out. They thought it was hilarious. I think their favorite part was riding home in nothing but their panties. Note: I rode home fully dressed!
Madison showing off a little sun perch.
Maddie's first catch- a catfish
Kinley and Daddy waiting it out.

Kinley's first catch
Rob teaching Kinley how to cast her line.

No comments: