Friday, August 29, 2008

37 Hours to Go

Rob has been in California since Wednesday and we are all missing him terribly! On Tuesday, Kinley found out about his trip. She decided that she was going along. All day she talked about the special trip she was taking with her daddy. At bedtime, she brought in a little red suitcase packed with clothes and her favorite stuffed animals and set it by Rob's bags. Rob tried to communicate to her that he was going for a wedding and could not take her along. She would not hear it. The conversation went something like this:
Rob:"Honey, I am riding an airplane and I bought a plane ticket to ride the plane. You can't go with out a ticket."
Kinley: "Get me a ticket."
Rob: "It is too late."
Kinley: "The man will let me ride the plane without a ticket."
Rob: "You won't have a seat."
Kinley: "I'll ride on your lap!"
Rob: : "Your too big."
Kinley: "You hold me all the time."
Rob: "Kristi... I need your help!"
We finally coaxed her to bed. Or we thought. Ten minutes later Rob goes back to our bedroom to find Kinley stuffing her clothes in Rob's suitcase explaining that she will ride in his suitcase.
My girl is persistent. It was so sweet.
At this point, Rob want to buy three more tickets and take the whole family along! I finally convince both of them that this will not work. Kinley is devastated. Rob is heartbroken. I am too.
Kinley would not leave his side and fell asleep on his chest on the couch.
Rob left the house the next morning at 5:30 AM. Kinley comes bursting into my room at 6:00 AM ready to go with Rob. She was devastated again, crying "My Daddy is gone to Africa!"
My girls sure love their daddy and I know why. We are all counting down until he returns. Only
37 hours to go!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Awww, that's too sweet. I know you'll all be happy when he returns! And I'm glad Rob's not going to a wedding in Africa! :)

twarpula said...

How sweet is she?! Its so hard for them to understand. Poor Rob, at least he was only going to CA and NOT Africa!!