Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Lil' Indian

For Thanksgiving, Maddie's class had a special performance. She dressed as an Indian. She really wanted to be a pilgrim but volunteered to be an Indian so that they would have equal groups. I was proud of her for allowing her friends to be pilgrims and making a sacrifice! This is important stuff to a five year old girl!
Her class sang a total of eight songs. Maddie's favorite was God Bless America. It gave me chills hearing their sweet innocent voices lift up these songs of praise. They started the program with I will Enter His Gates with Thanksgiving. I am so glad that she is able to go to a Christian school and understands that God is the root of all Thanksgiving!

On the program, each child wrote what they were thankful:
Here's Maddie's answer
I am thankful for Jesus dying on the cross and the environment.
She cracks me up. I swear she is going to grow up to be an environmentalist! I am just thankful that she loves God's creation and the Creator himself!

No comments: