Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

This year for Thanksgiving we went to my sister April's house. She also lives in Austin so we did not have to travel far. The day before Thanksgiving, the girls and I made a fruit salad and a pumpkin pie. They really were a lot of help this year! They loved rolling out the dough for the crust. Kinley was very disappointed that the dough wasn't sweet like cookie dough!

The next day we made Sweet Potatoes. The girls had a hard time not eating all of the marshmallows! They were so proud of their creations!


The night before Thanksgiving, I had the girls write down a list of all the things they were thankful for this year. Maddie wrote her own. I found it rather funny, when I read one that said "Caden my butt." I think she was trying to write brother. At least that is what I hope!



Kinley listed every animal that I think God has ever created along with the name of every dog my parents own. She loves animals.


We stuck the basket out on the front porch for Tom the Turkey to read. He wrote the girls a note back telling them how proud he was of their grateful hearts. He reminded them to be grateful all year long. Tom is one smart Turkey.
On Thanksgiving, we went over to April and Jared's house at around 12:30. We had a great dinner. Then we played a new game in their backyard. It was a lot of fun. Cade especially enjoyed carrying around the rope with the balls on it.

The girls enjoyed watching Kung Fu Panda with Gigi.

After we visited for awhile, my parents and the girls and I went to Wal-mart to scout out purchases for the big Black Friday Sale the next day. Then we went out to the barn to visit the Billingsleys. We all watched the UT game together. It was a great day. We have so much to be thankful for this year.

No comments: