Monday, June 20, 2011

Inspiration

I know you are shocked!  I am actually going to attempt to blog again.  We live such busy lives that I've found it hard to write down a recap of all of daily activities. And in all honesty, they were not that exciting.  Lots of fun memories but nothing life transforming.  I think it is neat to use your blog as a digital scrapbook but it has honestly not been motivating enough for me to sit down in front of a computer. So, I am going to try a different approach.  If I am going to take the time to do this, I want it to mean something really special to those taking the time to read it especially my three little munchkins one day.

God has really laid it on my heart to disciple my children.  Not just be the maid, chauffeur, teacher, cook, nurse or whatever role that day. Although those are all important parts of my ministry, I want to take these mundane and ordinary tasks and turn them into teachable moments for spiritual/ character training. I really want to follow Christ example in reaching the hearts of my children.  I want to stretch beyond the ordinary in loving, leading, and training three of my favorite people in this world.  I want my time with them to be meaningful, a time to disciple them to be passionate, devoted servants for Christ. 

So as I am trying to create more purpose in my role as mom.  I taking a new approach in my ministry as mom.  I have been inspired to reach beyond the ordinary.  I thought it might be a good time to pull up the ole' blog and giving it a little transformation too. Hoping it will hold me accountable with my plan of action or help my sweet three musketeers at least know that I tried.....

More to come....


post signature

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Well, as your children's grandmother, I see that you already do that for them. Proud of you for aspiring to do more ~ nothing wrong with that! I'm proud of the woman, wife and mother you are! Love you!