Friday, August 08, 2008

A Little Kinley Time

Having three kids makes it difficult to have individual time with each one. Rob and I try to set a time with each of them every couple of months. Kinley and I had "a little Kinley time" as she likes to call it.

Madison was having a special day with Aunt April and Cade spent the day with Granna. Kinley had a hard time deciding what to do on our date.


"Kinley what do you want to do today?" I asked as we dropped off Cade.


"I want to go to the jumpies, go to the pool, watch a movie, go to the bookstore, eat ice cream, go to the park, and play in the sprinkler." She answers frankly.


"Is that it?" I ask.



She adds, "And eat a hamburger."


She is a little bit like her mama. I am always trying to cram a hundred things to do in a
twenty-four hour period. I am sure God often laughs at me as I plan out my day saying "Is that it?".


First we went to Amy's Ice Cream. Yes, we had our ice cream before lunch. This is one of the privileges on one of these special dates, dessert first. We went to the Amy's off of 2222, so that we could go to the playground and have a burger at Phil' s Icehouse.

Kinley posing on the playground.



Sweet Cream with "magic" sprinkles makes me smile!

After our ice cream, we shared a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries. Then we went back to the playground to race down the slides, Kinley beat me every time! We snapped a couple of pictures in the photo booth. Kinley chose the pose each time.



We decided to end our date at the bookstore. As we were heading there, I remember that the new learning store off Great Hills was open. We decided to go there instead. Kinley had so much fun fishing and playing in the kitchen. Here she is serving me "Extra cheese pizza!"



It was a great having a little Kinley time. This little one knows how to make you smile!

1 comment:

twarpula said...

What a sweet girl. We love Phil's Ice House too, Yummy!!