Sunday, September 28, 2008

School- Week 5&6

We have been so busy that I have not posted anything about school! In week 5, we studied Arctic animals. Tiffany and Hayden came over on Friday. We played Arctic animal bingo. Tiffany brought over a ton of books from the library along with a fact file containing lots of cool facts on these animals. I learned a lot myself. In Spanish, the kids learned body parts. We also played a game where they got to shoot the basketball if they knew the correct Spanish term for each body part. My Spanish is greatly improving!


We studied Noah's Ark this week too. The girls made a model of the ark along with clay animals. Here is a picture of some of the animals lined up two by two. Kinley played with the m and dismantled the giraffes and tigers. Here is what is left of them!


For week 6, we studied the weather. Madison has been keeping a weather journal. She has decided there are too many hot days. I couldn't agree more. We also made a rain gauge which has sat empty for a week now.


Each week they write a story in class. They take the story through the editing process and publish the book at the end of the week. This is Maddie's favorite. She writes the story all on her own, sounding out all the words. Here is her story this week before we edited it:


"One day I pickd my mom a flaer(flower). I bot (bought) her a nuw dres and jelry. I mad a cak. Happy Birthday Mom. I love you."


Not bad for a five year old! She has learned how to spell birthday from all the handmade cards she makes everyone.


Kinley is loving preschool. She is studying squares and the letter B. She is constantly searching for both. I never realized how many squares there are in our everyday lives! (: I'll try to do better about keeping up my posts!


No comments: