Saturday, August 29, 2009

Country living

Okay so it has been a crazy busy summer. I have been so wrapped up in packing/unpacking, traveling, schooling, working, potty-training and everything else that seems to eat up my time, that I forget about the important things of life.
Like why we decided to move out to the country.
Fortunately, I have three wonderful little people in my life to help me remember.
This is how they started their day this morning.




It started with Maddie's peach at breakfast. We had a major discussion about the seed inside which reminded them of one of their favorite books James and the Giant Peach.
They decided to plant the seed out in the yard. They spent all morning digging in our Central Texas clay and dreaming about their future peach orchard. As you can see they enjoyed every minute of it.

They were so filthy that I had them strip down in the yard and spray them down with the water hose, followed up with a little skinny dipping in our pool. (them, not me)

What a way to spend your day.

I consider it the best part of an education to have been born and brought up in the country. ~Amos Brunson Alcott~

No comments: