Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Whole Lot Of Pottying Goin’ On

Cade has been begging me to potty train him for about a month. With Maddie we started at about 19 months, I was eager and ready for her to be out of diapers. But I soon realized that it was a lot of work and very messy. I hate going to public restrooms with small children!

So with Kinley , we waited a little later. Both girls did great and were trained within a month or so with a few minor mishaps.


The "experts" say boys are harder so I kept putting Caden off. Finally, I gave in and let him wear "panties". (We are working on calling them undies, it is hard with the influence of two older girls he adores!)


So we pulled out the potty and a pad full of stickers. And ....


He did fabulous! On his first day, he had no accidents and pooed in the potty three times! He even tells me he needs to go potty! He even woke up dry and went potty the next day before breakfast. Wow, that is it?

What will I do with the extra money I have been spending on diapers for the past almost seven years? One thing is for sure, I will not be buying a book on parenting.


I've learned to never listen to the experts!

No comments: